I’m starting a new series on my blog where I interview amazing mommas making a huge impact. There are so many moms who inspire me and my hope is to share these mommas with you! You may recognize Ceta from my recent collab with Fisher Price. When I first met Ceta she quickly became one of my favorite people. In addition to raising her two adorable boys, Clark and Stone, she is also making huge waves in the fashion blogging industry. Basically, I’m obsessed and soon you will be too!
What is the best thing about being a mom?
- The best thing about being a mom is the unconditional love you are able to give. You get to love them every day no matter what they do even when they are not their best.
What is the hardest thing about being a mom?
- Not being able to control who they are and will be. I want my boys to have a voice and utilize their critical thinking skills. However, there are days when I just want them to do what I asked them to do without a debate or understanding. Lol.
How have you changed since being a mom?
- I am risk averse. I want an ironclad full proof guarantee for basically everything in life since having kids. I was such a risk taker before I had kids.
What’s the best piece of advice given to you?
- The best advice given is to parent with grace instead of fear. When you parent with grace, you allow your children to be human and not robots. Let them make mistakes and be there to help them along the way. When we develop grace-based parenting, we put the attention on them and not the outside voices/eyes we think are on us based on fear.
Who’s your style icon?
- What a great question! I would have to say Sarah Jessica Parker’s character on Sex and The City. She always managed to beat to her own drum. Totally my personality.
How has your style changed since becoming a mom?
- I don’t think it has. I think I’ve stayed true to myself. I don’t wear too many mini skirts with the boys because they are boys. I’m always running around with them. I live in high tops with them. Without them, I’m in that mini skirt.
What are three essentials you need every day?
- Sunscreen, My cell, and Dior Show Brow Styler (I’m afraid to take the microblading plunge so I’ll just draw mine on for now.)
What late-night food do you crave?
- I love dried mango, Late July chips, and Tates Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
What do you do to relax?
- Spa! Nothing says relaxation like a good ol’ fashioned massage
How has motherhood changed your career?
- Motherhood dictates what I can do as a career. I am a stay-at-home mom first. I chose blogging so I can still be present for my boys. I love those little rascals even though they drive me up a wall. I want them to see me before and after school. I want to be the first to know how their day was.
3 words to describe yourself
- Funny, Authentic, Loving
What’s your favorite app?
- Instagram! It comes with the blogging territory I guess.
What 3 things in your bag you couldn’t live without?
- By Terry lipgloss, Powdered Sunscreen, Haribo Gummi Bears
Best advice you could give a mom with young kids?
- Just let them be! Don’t try and control them. They don’t want to put on their coats. They will ask for it when they are cold. Turn off the outside eyes and only focus on the little ones that belong to your children.
If your life were a song, what would it be?
- Oh my goodness! You know how much I love music. “I’m Every Woman” by Whitney Houston or Chaka Khan depending on your preference. I’m a little bit of everything in terms of my personality. I’m a tomboy, loyal friend, a free spirit, and a fun mama. I chest pump my boys when they score in sports, I live for a girls night, and I love a Nike blazer high top. I also live for a gala for an opportunity to dress up.
What’s the secret of being a dope ass mom?
- The secret to being a dope ass mom is being you, unapologetically. If people can’t appreciate who you are, they won’t when you change to fit who they think you should be.