Oops, I did it again. I got away to NYC with one of my favorite people, Ceta from Clark and Stone.
This time we chose mid-week to make it easier on our families. I left Tuesday afternoon and was back by Friday with time to make it to the carnival at my kid’s school.
Being away all week then snapping back to the reality of 100 kids screaming in a gymnasium is not exactly a perfect re-entry, but what are you doing to do? I loved being home with my family for the weekend but also getting in some much needed gal and alone time. I’m totally in to the mid week mom-cations!
Here are a few reasons a mid-week mom vacation is quickly becoming my favorite thing to do:
1. It’s easier on the parent in charge. As long as the kids are in school, everyone can stick to their basic routine. With everything going on as usual no one will even notice you are gone. ha. ha. ha
2. You get to spend the weekend with the kids. When I know they are in school anyway, I feel less guilty about missing out on their free -time. Plus week days can be super hectic so it feels like I am getting an actual vacation. It’s comforting for me to know that they are busy and doing their regular activities. I can predict their routine and know when to call and check in. A mama always has her kids on her mind and it’s nice to know they are being taken care of at school.
3. It’s easier to make appointments during the week. We spent one day at the showroom of Mignnon Gavigan. I’m officially obsessed with her and her jewelry. I was trying to play it cool but she’s so cool I almost bought BFF necklaces and gifted one side of a broken heart to her. Her earrings are so fun and LIGHT and I’m a huge fan.
4. Hot Restaurants are are easier to nail down. Hello Le Coucou- Since Ceta and I have been stalking this place for months you can imagine my excitement when we finally landed a reservation! The experience exceeded my expectations. I mean when does that ever happen? This was seriously one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed.
5. Tickets to shows are less expensive and easy to come by! One night Ceta and I checked out the Comedy Cellar. Not only were all the comics truly hilarious but Aziz Ansari made a guest appearance. Comedy Cellar is famous for having professional comics stop in unexpectedly and try out their new material.
Well, mamas, there you have it. All the reasons you need to take a mid-week vacation. Feel free to print this off and read it to your husband. And if you need someone to go with you, you know where to find me!
P.S. I linked my favorite NY looks below in case you want to shop my looks!