Real talk guys. How hard is it to put your kids to bed? If it’s easy stop reading and please never contact me again. At my home, it can range anywhere from a minor annoyance to a DEFCON 10 situation. Most of the time it’s somewhere in the middle, but I can tell you one thing: I’m always happy when it’s over. It’s the time that I finally get to myself. Sometimes, I don’t even know what to do with myself. Should I read? Learn a new language? Fall asleep on the couch watching Netflix? The possibilities seem endless. Most of the time I end up finishing work emails that I left by the wayside or read a book that I have been meaning to catch up on. Recently, TruMoo has my heart.
One thing I love to do is treat myself. Nothing crazy. I mean if it’s crazy that’s ok too. But I love a little something to celebrate the day and the transition to the day when it’s all about me. If even just for a sip. I love chocolate. Dark chocolate, wine, and no one touching me is the motherhood trifecta of perfection. When TruMoo asked me to try their new “adult ” milk beverages I was so excited. I love the idea of taking something that normally belong’s to my kids and making it mine. Maybe I’ll talk to my therapist about that one?
I came up with a few steps to treating yourself guilt free :
- Put those suckers down. Just do it. You’ve had them all day and now it’s time to stop thinking about them for at least 30 min. You can worry about their future later.
- Change into something comfortable. Sweatpants if you’re into that sort of thing. I prefer fancy nighties cause I’M WORTH IT!
- Put on some relaxing music.
- Grab a book or cue up Netflix.
- Pour a glass of your favorite TruMoo flavor, or better yet try all of them and make it like a little wine flight (available at Target or locate your store here ).
- Wake up happy that you didn’t down a half bottle of wine but still managed to feel like the bomb ass mom that you are!